Medical research and writing have become an essential skill for healthcare professionals (HCPs) in the 21st century and is imperative for professional growth and development of the field. Biomedical Research and medical writing are still underdeveloped in the low middle-income countries (LMIC) . Often the doctors and medical students are unable to find a mentor or medical writing workshop that can facilitate their quest for learning the art of medical writing.
Recent advances in global communication and internet have allowed HCPs and researchers from the LMIC to benefit from the valuable resources without travelling or spending money. But most of them are unaware of the high quality resources available which can help them learn the art of biomedical research and help them publish in high impact international journals
The aim of this short course is to identify and discuss the important free or low cost resources available online which can facilitate learning and increase the research productivity of biomedical researchers.
Online Live lecture with Q& A
Upon the conclusion of this training session, participants should be able to:
- Choose high-quality online free courses in biomedical research, writing, and biostatistics
- Identify the important websites to choose research topics
- Identify the reporting guidelines relevant to their research and to apply them in order to write a high-quality manuscript
- Explain the importance of selecting appropriate databases, Boolean operators and MeSH keywords in order to perform an effective literature search
- Appreciate the importance of following the ethics of medical writing and identify different forms of plagiarism
- Understand the concept of predatory journals and how to avoid them.